Your relationship with CrossFit that is. As much as we love you, we just don't SEE you that way. It's not you, it's us.
But where we can't return your romantic advances, we excel in the friend zone and even more so in the mentoring and coaching areas. You see, while we may not be your perfect Tinder match, we can definitely help you when it comes to progressing your fitness dreams.
So...when IS it time to explore your relationship with CrossFit a little more? When you have a fitness or performance goal, it’s best to have clear intentions and quality support. But, how do you know if it’s time to get a coach, or try a new program? Here are some basic guidelines and suggestions that might help you in deciding whether it's time to take it to the next level...
You may want to hire a coach if….
- You haven’t reached a goal you’ve been trying to reach for a while. You’ve been working towards it on your own, but still don’t feel as successful as you’d like to
- You feel stagnant or like your overall fitness is actually declining. Maybe you’ve seen your progress come to a halt, or your numbers are dropping and you’re wondering why
- You haven’t been consistent
- You don’t know how to prioritise your goals to maximise your training efforts. Meaning, you’re unsure about how much of what type of training would be best to help you excel
- You’re bored with what you’ve been doing
- You don’t understand your training program and why you’re doing certain exercises, progressions or workouts
- You're constantly beat up, injured, or uncomfortable and you’re frustrated/upset about how your body feels
- You love learning new methods, strategies, techniques, movements and skills
- You’re craving a challenge because you realize you’ve been too comfortable with your own little routine
- You’re not satisfied with your body composition, your health or your ability to do things in your daily life
- You have an upcoming event, competition or game that you want to be in the best possible shape for
- You feel restricted by your range of motion
- You’re disappointed that others seem to be improving at a much quicker rate than you
- You feel unmotivated, and are starting to lose your passion and energy
- You want to know that you did everything you could to improve your strength, conditioning, gymnastics, mobility, etc.
Alternatively, competing or cheering on the crowds this past weekend at the Capital Fitness might have led to greater aspirations to compete at a higher level. Or perhaps, despite wanting to compete, you chose not to because you felt you weren't mentally or physically ready.
If this is the case, you may also want consider hiring a coach for mental performance reasons:
- You care about competing at the highest level in your sport
- You want to make sure that on game day, you know exactly what to focus on
- You want to create powerful habits and routines that will strengthen your mentality
- You want to improve your ability to adapt to adversity, pressure and the unexpected
- You want to learn how to develop a positive, powerful mindset so you can thrive in all areas of your life
- You’re not sure how to get mentally prepared and confident heading into an event/workout/game
- You feel a lot of anxiety and stress that hinders your ability to perform
- You want to identify thoughts that help you keep pushing no matter what
- You have no education or experience in psychology
- You feel overwhelmed by your training schedule and can’t ever seem to unwind
- You want to learn how to push through tough events, workouts and competitions
- You want to develop the strongest mental game so you can win more consistently
- You aren’t enjoying your training and can’t seem to find the fun in it any more
- You are constantly fatigued and feel like you’re running on empty
- You want to be positive, composed and feel ready for anything
- You know that you’re better than how you’ve been performing, but you can’t figure out what’s wrong
So, if any of those DO sound like you..
Where to from here?
First off, let us know that this is where your thinking is headed. From there we can discuss possible in-house coaching options or even recommend other programs and coaches specialising in techniques you'd like to focus on. As coaches, it's not only our duty but our passion to help others pursue their fitness goals, whether or not that's with one of us or not. We want to help you get to where you want to go!
Keen? Just shoot Pete an email at firstname.lastname@example.org asking to have a bit of a chat, or even raise it with one of the coaches that you'd like to arrange some 1-on-1 coaching or get a program written up. The options are endless!
Enjoy being a step ahead of everyone else waiting for New Year to set some resolutions!