I'm a sucker for a good personality test...
Not only because I love some good psycho-social analysis but because WHO DOESN'T love trying to find out what one 'IS' in today's world of too many choices, decisions and paths???
I think the reason why personality tests appeal in general (look, let's be honest, I don't mind dabbling in a bit of astrology either) is because it's nice to think you actually have some guidelines for decision making ...as ridiculous or make believe as they might be...
You see...in 2018, you're told you can pretty much DO anything, BE anything...and I don't know about you but that just becomes EXHAUSTING
Some days I'd much rather just pretend that I'm innately designed for some things rather than other things...Cut down my options a bit ya know?
Yes...I realise how UNGRATEFUL that must sound to some.
Isn't 'freedom' and 'choice' what we've all been apparently been fighting for for the last century?
It seems like it's come to a point where there's just SO much freedom and TOO much choice that it can become confusing...
Which is why I don't mind taking a personality test once in a while.
With a grain of salt of course.....
GETTING TO THE POINT...I came across an article last week discussing 'fitness colours' and it appears that there is indeed a test you can take to determine your fitness colour (because why not I guess?).
So for a bit of fun, here's the link to test your own fitness colour and determine just how accurate it might be:
For those not interested in delving into a quiz, here are the Cliff Notes on the different colours and how they impact your fitness activity of preference:
- Blues are safety-conscious, and good at creating their own space and concentrating in a gym. Tend to prefer rowing, running, walking, yoga, interval training.
- Golds are traditional, conservative, and like to share their exercise experiences and results with others. Tend to prefer swimming, pilates, yoga, tennis, 1 on 1 personal training.
- Greens are nature lovers who enjoy outdoor activities. Tend to prefer anything outdoors.
- Reds like to live in the moment and compete in team sports. Tend to prefer competitive sports like hockey, soccer, basketball and volleyball.
- Whites prefer to plan, hate to be rushed and are visionary types who enjoy calm spaces. Tend to prefer yoga, running, strength training alone and cardio.
- Saffrons like to express themselves as individuals and are attracted to spontaneous, engaging activities. Tend to prefer group cycling, group class fitness with music.
- Purples are routine-oriented and enjoy repetition. Tend to prefer swimming, cardio, strength training, running and cycling.
- Silvers like exercise to be disguised as fun. Tend to prefer group fitness that isn’t competitive – Zumba, bicycling, jogging, Tai Chi and yoga.
What you might notice is that all colours would probably feel quite comfortable in a CrossFit Class
In fact, I would argue that CrossFit WODen could suitably address all of these colours' preferences...even Green as we include running outside and the occasional bootcamp too...
So there you have it! Perhaps the key to CrossFit's success is its ability to serve the rainbow of fitness colours...
What colour are you?!